Strange Territory...

There was a child named Stephen and when he was 8, he was invited to stay overnight at his cousin's house. It was his first time away from home and it all sounded like an exciting adventure. But when her mother and father took him there, he started getting that homesick feeling. With tears glistening in his eyes and has voice quivering, he said, "Mommy, I don't feel so good. I'd better go home with you"
Her mother responded, "I'ts up to you, but I know you'd have a good time. "
"But mommy," Stephen whimpered, "they said they were going to climb a big hill tomorrow, and I've never been there before!"(D.T.H, 2003)


Perhaps right now, we too, are anxious about some new and untried pathway on which the Lord is leading you. Then listen to God's Word and take courage:
"I will never leave you
nor forsake "
(Hebrews 13:5)

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want...
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake" (Psalm 23:1,3)


Sometimes, we too can become fearful as we look ahead, because we've "never been there before". But just as the Lord took care of Joshua and Israel (Joshua 3), He will take care of us.

Place your hand by faith in your heavenly Father's hand, and let Him lead the way. -(R.D.H)




Comments